23 February 2009

Languages and Identity

We did a very interesting task at the lesson that I enjoyed very much. We got a drawing of a body frame and we needed to paint it with different colors. And we needed to write the meaning of each color.But the teacher was not so happy, because I did it in a different way, than she expected.
That is why I was a little bit disappointed, because it was not the first time when the teacher was disappointed, because the student did differently the task as he/she expected. I think it’s a little discrepancy, because they teach the freedom of speech and democracy, but when I do something different, which is also true, then the teacher will be dismissive. And I don not know why.
I think this is maybe the problem of human behavior. The teacher want to be individualist, but I think it’s not a good pedagogy, because students are open to the world, and do not know precisely all the time what the teacher wants and this brakes down the students and it’s not good.
And now, see my picture:
The meaning
Light blue: The Hungarian identity, I speak and think a lot in Hungarian
Dark blue: English, I learn to think and speak in English
Yellow: This is my opened part of the brain; I don’t know what the future will bring to me
My heart is the Earth, because I live on this planet, and I think this is my home.
White: The entire world, because I think my body is an instrument which is very similar to others body, and the body language is that means almost the same in the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment