27 March 2009

Citizenship

How we learn citizenship? This was the topic of three lessons with Henrik. We knew some different ways, how we taught it. What tools we had, and how we used it.
First we read the Obama speech. This speech had a lot of good points and some inconsistency. Fist we found the key words about the good citizenship:
Trustful
Sacrifices
Freedom
Risk-taker
The rights of man
Cooperation
etc.
But there were mentioned some ambiguous things, like: leadership.
If I’m a democratic man, could I have the feel that I would like to be a leader?
I think the citizenship has a lot of danger which are incalculable.
The human development is very fast and therefore a lot of people live together in the big metropolises. But the human psyche isn’t ready for this. We saw a lot of deviant in the society, who didn’t respect the rules, and the culture. And these people didn’t know what they did in these situations. I think these behaviors are necessary, but we don’t know yet how we could help and manage these people. Because I thought the reason why they exist, is the metropolis, and this fast growth.
And we had another discussion, how we respect each other?
It’s not so easy. For example in our house we want to try to live together and respect each other, but after this respect wasn’t bilateral, and after we told “Enough”, we tried to discuss and solve the problem and it looks like we managed to do it, but after we realized that the others continued it behind us. Therefore now we had a “cold war” feeling here.
Therefore I think it is so easy. Because when somebody tries to respect others and to be very polite but others abuse continuously, and exploit us, than what the next step is.? If these respect is not bilateral you can’t do anything, and you miss the trust.
But this doesn’t solve the problem.
Maybe the teaching is very important, but it is very hard to change the human behavior. But the children’s minds are very plastic. The next generation will able to change. Therefore it is very important how we teach citizenship. Why are important values: the respect, the freedom, and where is the border of the human behavior?

I think freedom of the thinking is very important just as the freedom of speech, but not the freedom of the act. Because I think it is my business if I don’t like somebody, but I never hit them or deplete them. This is the border I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment